We run a variety of classes around Melbourne every week. If you've every been curious to give parkour a go, we have a beginners course for you. Or, if you're an early riser, our parkour fitness class gets you moving before work.
We have classes for every body- whatever your level of fitness, strength or confidence. There are no prerequisites and all our training can be scaled up or down.
It's important to remember that the COVID-19 crisis hasn't yet passed, and so we'll be making some changes to how we run classes. These include:
All classes capped at 8 people.
This is slightly lower than the allowed 10 person limit, however we feel that social distancing requirements, especially when we're all training together on an obstacle, mean 8 is more feasible. This may be subject to change in either direction, once we get into the swing of it again.
Booking is essential
To maintain appropriate class sizes, and minimise unnecessary travel, you must book in online for all classes.
No contact during class.
This includes greetings like handshakes and hugs, as well as training. We will avoid any training exercises that require people to be close or touching (like piggy backs, etc) and any training that would require spotting.
Our coaches will wear masks and carry hand sanitiser.
We ask that you wear a mask if you can, and if you need to lip-read, please let the coaches know. We'll adjust our mask at a distance to facilitate that.
We'll avoid high-traffic areas and touching things like hand-rails
That means we'll be focusing more on things like jumping, striding and balance, and less on vaulting over handrails, and climbing. Every day is gonna be leg day for a while.
We ask that you:
- Don't come to class if you or someone in your household has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, or any flu like symptoms, fever or cough.
- Don't come to class is someone in your household is immunocompromised, or in high-risk population.
- Let us know if you develop symptoms or test positive, so we can inform those who have been in class with you.
- Understand that our regular parkour classes do still pose risk of transmission. While we'll do everything we can to minimise that, we'll never make that risk zero. Coming to class is taking on that risk.
- Continue to be so understanding. If anyone on our coaching staff comes into contact with the virus, or develops symptoms, this may mean cancellation of classes. We have a small team, and replacement coaches may not always be available.
- Let us know if you have any suggestions for ways to make classes safer and more accessible.